Monday, February 13, 2012

Acupuncture And Gum Disease

Perhaps you ask how acupuncture and gum disease are connected. If you would ask me two years ago, I would surely tell you that there is no connection. I thought acupuncture is something for pain but for gum disease, for sure not.

My periodontal gum disease started two years ago. At the same time I started acupuncture treatments. My friend Debbie, a doctor of Chinese medicine, diagnosed the dampness in my body that goes up to my gums and spleen deficiency. I tried like two or three treatments and then left because I didn't have the feeling it really helped me. After my Odyssey with braces and finally a soft gum tissue grafting, my gums still were my weakest part of my body and now totally irritated and burning.

I finally was so desperate that I called Debbie, my friend who is a doctor of Chinese medicine, and ask her to help me. I was sorry that I stopped the treatments two years ago and after the Western medicine couldn't help me, this I felt was my last opportunity. Also I started to change my diet to no spicy food, low

Since around six weeks I receive acupuncture treatments for my gums but also for my spleen deficiency that is totally connected. I also get herbs that help me to improve and stimulate my digestive system. Can you imagine that your digestion is directly connected with your mouth and your gums?

So far I understand is my spleen deficiency issue something that creates dampness in my stomach and then in my gums. I take a special mouth wash for the dampness in my gums and herbs for the dampness in my stomach.

But back to the acupuncture. Energy flow is very important for gum health. Dampness in the stomach and spleen deficiency prevent a healthy energy flow. Acupuncture helps to establish this and hold the energy flowing.

One time acupuncture doesn't help. It is not like a pain pill you take and then an hour later, you feel much better. It is an ongoing process and after these six weeks, I can see that the improvements are huge. I am not tired or exhausted, don't have migraines, and the best, my gums are really doing good.

It is still amazing to me how much the organs are connected and communicate with each other, in a positive and in a negative way. I can see now, if the body doesn't stay in balance, one ore more organs will suffer.

I am sure you can imagine how happy I am that I have my gum disease in control and try to strengthen my gum health.



10 comments:

  1. Although poor oral hygiene will get resolved, reversing gum disease may not occur that effortlessly. For one, natural circumstances like puberty, being pregnant and menopause can bring in the problem or allow it to be even worse. Among the other elements that impact the well being of our gums are tension, weight problems and diabetes. Furthermore, surveys show that intake of anti depressants, oral contraceptives and heart medicines contributes to the illness also. Click here to know more about Gum disease

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I hope you write more good stuff like this article.

    gum disease Lowell MA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good work really it will useful to all people thank you for posting this blog.
    Teeth problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I found out, gums can regrow provided the correct steps are taken Reverse receding gums at home, but this information is unlikely to come from your dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming over again to read other news.|
    How To Fix Receding Gums From Brushing Too Hard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's what I was seeking for,How To Reverse Receding Gums At Home
    what a material! present here at this web site, thanks admin of this web page.|

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tremendous issues here. I am very glad to see your post. Thanks a lot and I'm taking a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail? Gum Regrowth Products To Regrow Receding Gums At Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone! Natural Ways To Reverse Receding Gums Without Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors! how to reverse periodontal disease naturally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asking questions are really good thing if you are not understanding anything fully, but this piece of writing presents good understanding yet. Can You Reverse Receding Gums Naturally At Home

    ReplyDelete