Thursday, August 4, 2011

Periodontitis and Heart Disease

Did you know that periodontitis and heart disease are connected? I didn't know either. I heart about that the bacteria that effect and infect your gums is the same that is located in your heart and develops a heart disease.

But not only the Western Medicine talks about that. One time I went to an acupuncturist and she connected a "lazy spleen" to my gum problems.

It is hard to explain. Imagine that your blood can't clean itself properly and it carries the toxins into your gums with the hope to get rid of them (detox).

But your gums don't detox properly and get infected. Because you don't treat your "lazy spleen" the gums never get rid of their infection and stay red and swollen.

After a while the infected gums create pockets and then starting to "shrink".

I didn't have any clue at this time what was going on but today, I have a pretty good knowledge now what I can do to "spoil" my gums and help them stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment