Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sluggish Spleen

Sluggish Spleen? Try tapping. I went to my acupuncturist before I went to the dentist who recommended an oral appliance to treat my receding gums. She diagnosed a "sluggish spleen" that would effect the bad blood flow in my legs and my infected gums.

By working with heated up herbs and acupuncture needles, treating the blood flow from the legs up, she tried to increase my sluggish spleen. My acupuncturist also recommended to start tapping. Tapping is kind of an acupuncture treatment without needles, known as acupressure. You tap with your fingers from your forehead down to your chest to stimulate the acupressure points and to stimulate the "flow" for improving the spleen.

After few weeks with treatments, I got impatient. My infected gums receded more and more. I really got scared. So I finally agreed to try the oral appliance to stop my gum disease.

It became a pretty pricing dental treatment what didn't help at all at the end. But I shouldn't say that. Wearing an oral appliance evened out my bit and balanced my jaw so that I don't have migraines, back pain or neck pain anymore.

Unfortunately, it took 6 months to finish it and it didn't help at all with my receding gums either.

At no point so far any dentist I met recommended to go to a periodontist. I guess everybody wanted to treat my gum disease in their own way.

I finally decided to look for a local periodontist.

No comments:

Post a Comment