Monday, July 12, 2010

Aqualizer Mouth Guards

I am wearing an Aqualizer™ dental splints and mouth guard since last Tuesday to help my jaw to stay balanced while I am waiting for my orthodontics appliances.

My upper and lower bite don't touch the tooth surface of each other. My teeth come down next to each other and irritate my gums. That is the main reason for my decaying gum and gum disease.

I didn't have any pain but my decaying gums made and make me crazy. First, I used the Aqualizer™ mouth guard only for few hours because I forgot it at home all the time. Today was the first day I am wearing the aqualizer dental splint since yesterday night and the whole day today. Now, I have jaw pain and to take it out. I can't handle it anymore.

I was diagnosed with TMD a month ago. For years, I couldn't find out why my infected and swollen gums never healed or "disappeared". Finally my holisitic dentist now told me few weeks ago that I have TMD and that this disorder makes my gum "shrink". I don't show the typical TMD symptoms and have no pain. After my dentist saw my x-rays and did some tests she said I am blessed because regarding the x-rays I should be in horrible pain.

TMD is a collection of symptoms associated with the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). This joint connects the lower jaw to the skull and makes it possible for humans to close and open our mouth for example. A lot of people with this disease have TMJ pain and headaches, ear pain, neck pain, and often can't open their mouth right.

The Aqualizer™ can treat these TMJ problems. Right now, I am wearing this dental splint before I get my orthodontics appliances. Because I don't have the typical TMJ problems and pains, it is difficult to measure if this mouth guard helps me or not. For sure, my jaw feels more relax and I don't clench grind my teeth in the night (that's right, I have these TMJ symptoms). Except today, where I was wearing this mouth guard for too many hours. Now I feel pain. I had to take it out few minutes ago. It was like somebody pulled very strong on my right jaw.

But it was my fault. I didn't read the instructions. It says there that you shouldn't wear the Aqualizer™ for more than eight hours in any 24-hour period. If you wear this mouth guard longer (like I did today), the oral tissues get irritated (and they really did a lot!!!).

I like about this dental mouth guard the ease of use, perfect fit and flexible fluid layer. Through the equalized all bite forced layer, my muscles can respond instantly by repositioning the jaw into the best and most comfortable position.

Now I am curious if my orthodontics appliances will work in the same way as the Aqualizer™ to guard your mouth, bite and jaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment