Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gum Infection

Over the years, my gums became more and more infected. Several teeth started bleeding. The gums got swollen and red. There was never a time the infection went  totally away.

I guess it is also in my family. My parents and my middle sister have the same problems. The last twenty years, I tried everything what is available on the "traditional" dental hygiene market, from special formed tooth brushes and dental floss over water picker to a gum tip that massages your gums.

For a long time, I didn't want to show my teeth when pictures were taken. I felt embarrassed about my appearance, and that I didn't take care of my teeth as I was a child.

Changing the dental hygiene behavior was easy for me, but it doesn't change the damage that already was done.

If I would know as a child what I know now I never ever would not be brushing or cleaning my teeth. But, it is too late for that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment