Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gum Disease And Spleen

What have gum disease and spleen in common? Blood! The first time I realized my gums shrank and decayed rapidly I couldn't believe it. I flossed and brushed my teeth twice a day and cleaned my gums with a rubber tip. What else should I do?

You know what happens when something bothers you horribly, you can't stop speaking about it. So I shared with everybody that my gums would shrink, and I don't understand why. At this time I already gave up asking traditional dentists; I never got a good answer from them.

One of our family friends just opened up an acupuncture office in our neighbor city. I gave her a call, and she asked me to come in. I guess I only wanted to hear that I am fine, and she wouldn't understand why. I felt totally healthy and that something not explainable happened to me.

She checked my eyes, tongue, mouth, ears, skin, pulse, and then told me that my spleen wouldn't work right. My blood couldn't be cleaned properly, and it would affect the gums. I couldn't believe that. I just did a blood test few months ago and everything was fine.

I wasn't digesting lately what I normally do but didn't waste a thought about it. My acupuncturist explained to me that the spleen is essential in digesting, assimilating, and transporting nutrients to the blood. If my spleen wouldn't work properly, it couldn't absorb vitamins, minerals, or amino acids. Often the blood becomes compromised.

She gave me herbs and showed me a tapping method I could use to help my spleen work better.


I tap points on my face, back of my head, and on my lower legs every day twice. Since I do this and receive gum disease treatments from my holistic dentist, my gums improved a lot.

Believing that the whole body works as a system together, different parts of the body, connected with each other, should be treated together to receive the best result.

It isn't the illness we want to cure; it is the reason for the illness we want to cure.

1 comment:

  1. Periodontal disease is an inflammation and infection that destroys the tissues which support the teeth, including the gums, the periodontal ligaments, and the tooth sockets which is called as alveolar bone.

    Dental Implant Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete