Sunday, July 11, 2010

Do You Have To Brush Your Teeth And Floss Your Teeth After Every Meal Too?

I know I didn't take good care of my teeth as I was young. And yes, I ate a lot of sugar, drunk soda, and so on. However, since I was teenager, I brush my teeth twice a day and started to floss my teeth
ten years ago. I like a lot the Glide floss because it is really strong and never breaks.

Living with gingivitis without knowing and now having periodontitis lets me feel desperate sometimes.

The biggest challenge and change in my life are that I have to floss and brush my teeth after anything I eat to prevent plaque and more decaying gums and teeth.

I now take my toothbrush and floss everywhere with me I go to make this possible. It is still annoying.

I went to a full day seminar at the Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach yesterday and yes, I took all my dental equipment with me. Before the seminar, I ate a little snack and drunk my green smoothie to have energy. Nobody was waiting to access the restroom. I opened the door and started flossing my teeth.

Somebody knocked on the door. I told them it would take few more minutes. A minute later, another knock. I already started brushing my teeth. I again responded that I would be done in few minutes. Even so, now, I rushed and tried to finish brushing my teeth fast. I wasn't happy about it because I am really concerned when you know what I mean.

 I consciously didn't go to the restroom to brush and floss my teeth after our lunch break and meal to prevent that I would annoy other people again. So as the seminar started, I waited for another half an hour and then went to the restroom to take care of my teeth and gums. And for sure, after few minutes, somebody knocked on the door. I can't tell you how upset and embarrassed I felt. I don't really want to bother or annoy other people, but if I don't take care of my teeth properly now and prevent plaque, I can design a necklace with my fallen out teeth soon.

I now think about if I want or have to eat something because that means that I have to brush my teeth afterward. My desire for food is shrinking. I guess I am lazy in this way. I still do it but I feel like it takes life quality away from me. I know it isn't fair because so many people have worse things as this.

It is great that my boss has empathy and understands my concerns. The whole flossing and tooth brushing procedure takes at least 8 - 10 minutes and I am grateful for that I have a thoughtful boss.

Do you have to brush your teeth and floss your teeth after every meal too? Do you understand how annoying this is too?

No comments:

Post a Comment