Monday, July 5, 2010

Joint Vibration Analysis

My holistic dentist assumed that my "shrinking gums" and exposed teeth roots from decay would come from my bite and jaw, combined with infected and swollen gums.

She asked me to do a joint vibration analysis to find out if my jaw is working properly and the jaw function itself. Symptoms that your jaw doesn't work properly could be

  • Headaches
  • Limited mouth opening
  • Clicking or joint sounds
  • Jaw pain or soreness
  • Dizziness
  • Earaches or ringing
  • Neck, shoulder pain
  • Locking jaw
  • Worn or cracked teeth
  • Sore facial muscles
  • Sensitive teeth

I didn't have anything of these but with the years my snoring and teeth grinding got worse. These could be signs too that our jaw isn't working properly. A lot of people snore as a sign of a bad bite or not functional jaw movement.

To measure the jaw movement I got kind of headset that were sitting tight over my jaw muscles. I then had to follow the dental assistant with imitating her jaw opening and closing movements. Next I did the same but followed instructions on the computer.

In our follow-up meeting last week, my holistic dentist showed me the result of the joint vibration analysis. It was interesting to see that the result of closing and opening my jaw was ok but the pictures showed that my jaw itself didn't look right what is a sign that it is not formed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment