Sunday, July 4, 2010

Swollen Gums

Hi, I am Daggi. I wanted to share my odyssey from swollen gums and having a gum infection over gingivitis to periodontitis.


I am German and live in the USA since 2005. I have swollen and infected gums since I was a teenager.



As I was a child I hated brushing and cleaning my teeth. I felt it was a waste of my time, and often I went to bed without or only with a kind of a minute brush. My dental hygiene wasn't great, not to say horrible.


Being a teenager, everything else was more important. It really didn't bother me so much then. Furthermore, I never saw that it was bad for my teeth. As I was a child my mom brought my sister and me to a dentist who put filings as "prevention" in my healthy teeth.


I had a lot of cavities back then, no wonder with all the chocolate, sugar and sweets I ate.


Since I am a young adult I brush and floss my teeth twice a day. However, the bleeding and swollen gums didn't stop since then. I still have them twenty years later. It always bothered me.


I often feel desperate and that I am the only one who is fighting with it. It looks like everybody else has these wonderful teeth, especially here in the United States.


This is my odyssey of having a "little" gum problem to being one step away from losing my teeth.

Perhaps my blog helps you, and you don't have to go through the same hell as I do now.


Happy teeth and gums!



Daggi

No comments:

Post a Comment