Monday, July 5, 2010

Holistic Dentist

I decided to try the holistic dentist in my neighborhood. Three weeks ago I went to her office and she educated me in an awesome way.

We all know that all parts of the body are connected to each other but I never thought that teeth would have such a big influence. My holistic dentist explained to me that the whole body works as a system together. Wisdom teeth taken out twenty years ago leave kind of a whole and could bring an unbalance to the body itself. The first visit was more about to understand the holistic approach of dentistry and why you should always try to maintain and support versus pulling out teeth or operate.

She then took x-rays and pictures of my teeth. Molds were also taken. The most interesting treatment was a joint vibration analysis.

My holistic doctor assumed that my infected, swollen and shrinking gums would have something to do with my bite that was totally out of alignment. 

Exercises like holding up my arms by letting her try to push them down, showed how powerful the right bite can be. First I hold up my arms and she could push them down easily. Second I had kind of a dental stick in my mouth and it wasn't so easy for her to push my arms down. Third and last, she put kind of a flexible piece of plastic in my mouth that got hard and then repeated the exercise. Surprisingly I could hold up my arms against her pressure easily. How amazing!

I was very excited to see what the result of all these checks, treatments, and exercises would be. My meeting with my holistic doctor to speak about the next steps was last week and the result surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment