Sunday, July 11, 2010

Professional Toothbrush

I got a periodontal disease treatment as a deep dental cleaning and root planing last Tuesday. My dental hygienist did a wonderful job! My decaying roots and gums felt so clean and everything looked great.

I was happy but also worried about how it would look after few days because my mouth develops a lot of fluid, and it builds up plaque very fast.

My dental hygienist recommended a professional toothbrush to clean my infected gums and decayed roots. She said that they were several good ones on the market and one of the best would be the Rotadent, a professional rotary toothbrush. This toothbrush cleans teeth and gums through its rotary action and more effectively with less pressure to teeth and gums. Ask your dentist. I heard that this toothbrush is sold through dentists only.

I am so desperate with my receding gums that I would be willing to try everything. So I bought it and took the toothbrush home with me the same day.

It was first funny to feel the brush on my teeth. My teeth are very sensitive and this rotating toothbrush let me feel a little pressure. I really wasn't sure it this would work for me. However, I didn't stop doing it. I wanted to give it a dry.

Because I have decaying teeth the roots are visible. As soon as I eat something the food ends up in the hole of my decaying gums and between my teeth. It is so annoying. Every time when I eat now, I have to brush my teeth.

Nevertheless, back to the toothbrush. Six days later now, my gums don't look so infected anymore. My teeth feel clean with no plaque on it. It is amazing! If you would tell me that a week ago I wouldn't believe you that a toothbrush makes such a different.


I brush my teeth first with the tooth & gums paste from the Dental Herb Company and then again with water. Why?

Tip: When you brush with toothpaste you can't really see if the professional toothbrush cleanses the gum line. When you brush with water only, you can see that the gum line changes its color from red to white for a second.

It makes me a little sad that I start using a professional toothbrush so late in my life. But, better late than never, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment